Friday, September 30, 2011

Waiting

[flickr id="6196127022" thumbnail="medium" align="center"]


Yesterday we had an appointment for Verizon to set up FIOS at our new house. They were supposed to arrive anywhere between 1 and 5 p.m. Around 5:30 we call Verizon ... the technician is "on his way." Around 6 p.m. heavy rain starts to fall and lightning streaks the sky. My son, who has been home sick all week, is bored out of mind and has a terrible headache. My head is throbbing too because I've missed my 4 p.m. tea. (Note to self: buy tea kettle to use in new house during renovations!)

Finally Verizon technician arrives at 6:40 p.m. I feel sorry for him. It's going to be a 12-hour day for him. At least I had my knitting!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your Tweet and am about to post about this but - Twitter is amazing for getting results. I was very frustrated last week as I couldn't get a particular company to respond to my e-mails or phone calls, despite the promise of 2-3 day response. I Tweeted my frustration and within seconds, someone from the company got back to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read your post! I saw your tweet about adding a hashtag, but given that I'm dealing with a big snafu with my hospital, I didn't want to add to my burden a fight with Verizon. Besides, within a couple hours of that tweet, Verizon's customer service started following me on Twitter ... probably to see what other nasty things I was going to say about their company! (Hey Verizon Corporate, if you're reading this -- maybe figure out a better way to communicate delays to your customers, some of whom don't have knitting to occupy them for 4+ hours waiting for you to show up!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!