Sunday, October 2, 2011

If it's October, it must be Socktoberfest



For months I've been hearing about Socktoberfest and yesterday I figured out what it's all about. There's a group on Ravelry that spends the month focused on knitting socks. My kind of group! I adore knitting socks, and I've had my Almondines on my needles for a couple months. I'd like to finish them off this weekend, then move on to some Christmas knitting for my friends and family, and maybe a couple pair of "plain vanilla" socks for myself.

I'm also working on my Owls sweater. Last night I spent a couple enjoyable hours on the couch knitting the body ribbing, admiring my smooth even stitches. So you know where this is going, right? I switch up to a bigger needle for the stockinette body and notice that I twisted my join, so what I've got is this Mobius ribbing that's completely useless. I had to rip everything out. Grrr.

But at least I got a couple hours of relaxing knitting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!