Wow - I didn't know half of that information, but yes, standing on those plugs really, really hurts. Years ago, a friend ended up in the ER because of that - she stood on a three-pronged plug, leapt off in pain and landed on the other foot with her toes all curled up - and broke two of those toes. She has three huge black bruises on the sole of one foot and two broken toes on the other. Yowza!
Thanks for pointing me at that video - I already knew the information but it gave me a nice warm feeling to have it demonstrated. I have to say that I found myself disconcerted in the hotel bathroom on my one visit to the States - there was the hairdryer, plugged in and lying on the counter, right next to the washbasin. Here we are told so firmly that one should NEVER take a hairdryer into a bathroom - or any other electrical appliance - that we tend to think it is actually against the law rather than just the usual advice!
Thanks for sharing this video, Diana. I had no idea the British plugs were safer than the North American ones.
I think that in the UK we just learn early on not to leave three-pin plugs lying around where they can be trodden on. Much, much worse, and more frequent too, is treading on a Lego brick (or bricks). I think nearly everyone whose had kids has done that. Ouch!!
I love comments!